Mason Intro Area
The new Mason game introduction area
The old intro area is cluttered.
- A peninsula where the user starts. It should be a small hill, slanting downwards towards the main continent.
- A spawn point at the tip of the peninsula (needs server support).
- A clear path from the peninsula to the main world.
- One NPC's near the spawning point, giving instructions.
- NPC looks different, using different clothes.
- Remove specific classes (settler, merchant..) and use "human". Remove the "guise" attributes for clothes and provide attached clothes in the inventory instead (see the "spawn points").
- Not so steep mountains, as they mess up the client LOD system.
- "hint" feature, which is embedded in the dialog from NPCs. Should be shown using a simple hint system.
- Implement signposts in the game.
- First "quest" is to get fed, as you start out with very little health.
- Follow the path and meet an NPC.
- Talk to the NPC and receive a piece of bread.
- Eat the bread to get some health.
- The logic for the NPC would be to inspect the health of the user and give it bread if its status is low.
- Further down the path it forks.
- One fork leads to a fishing settlement, where the fishing game mechanics can be carried out.
- Another fork leads to a village where pig farming can be carried out.
- NPC at spawnpoint
- Placed near the spawn point.
- Objective: get people moving down the path, towards the food NPC
- Inform about the availability of food down the path, which is needed as the avatar spawns hungry
- food NPC
- Placed along the path.
- objective: give a piece of bread to hungry avatars, and informing them of this, making them use the interface and the inventory
- When interacted with, will place a bread in the avatar's inventory and speak to the avatar.
A system for defining spawn points. Contains information on position of the point, the type of character created, inventory of the characters etc.